Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Immunity

The plan was that Katie and I would go by the recycling center (trash dump) on the way to school and leave several bags of garbage. Not wanting to have to load the stuff that morning, I had put it in the van the evening before. Due to the warm and humid weather, the garbage had already developed a quite intense odor while sitting in the garage, and by the time it had aged in the van overnight, the smell was simply overpowering.

I rolled down the passenger-side window several inches and opened the vent windows to circulate some fresh air, but the odor was still strong enough to make your eyes water. "Katie," I said, "I'm sorry the smell is so bad in here." ""Oh, it's alright Daddy," Katie replied. "I smell my feet, so this doesn't bother me."

No comments:

Post a Comment